Re: [htdig] 3.1.5 update drama

Subject: Re: [htdig] 3.1.5 update drama
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 19:03:52 PST

At 3:39 PM -0500 3/22/00, N Irons wrote:
>Of course. Not my best day.

Not mine either. I upgraded my distro and it's doing weird things
now. I knew I should have waited until the weekend. :-)

>There is officially nothing coming back from htsearch, or rather,
>there's a zero, two spaces, and a CR/LF. Five bytes, no more, no less,
>repeatably.

Very, very strange. This happens even with an invalid request? For example:

GET http://www.foo.com/cgi-bin/htsearch

(here you don't have any input, so you should get the nomatch response.)

Have you checked the permissions on the common/ directory? I only ask
because you said you had problems with conf/ earlier.