Re: [htdig] 3.1.5 update drama

Subject: Re: [htdig] 3.1.5 update drama
From: Anthony Peacock (a.peacock@chime.ucl.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 10:59:37 PST

Hi,

<SNIP>

> > Are you sure this is the most recent htsearch binary?
>
> My results page includes the $VERSION variable, and the successful
> command line results say 3.1.5.
>
> Addressing the bigger picture -- I can't find a rationale for htsearch
> printing its DB2 complaints in advance of the content-type declaration.
> It was a minor detriment to troubleshooting before, when I had to go to
> the command line to see htsearch's output, and (if more DB2 errors are
> responsible for the current round of web silence) it's a major detriment
> now that I can't seem to replicate the glitch from the command line.
> htsearch tries to print a helpful error message in these cases, but
> it'll never get to the browser.

In these cases the next place to look for clues is the Web Server error log
file. These usually contain the error message that you are looking for.

---
Fare Thee Well
Anthony Peacock
"The social dynamics of the net are a direct consequence of the fact that
nobody has yet developed a Remote Strangulation Protocol." --Larry Wall