Re: [htdig] 3.1.5 update drama

Subject: Re: [htdig] 3.1.5 update drama
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 09:00:37 PST

On Wed, 22 Mar 2000, N Irons wrote:

> make, make install, everything falls into to the right place.
> Earlier I had some path permissions problems which were preventing
> htsearch from seeing the config files, but they're fixed. Now, when I

Are you sure this is the most recent htsearch binary? Do you have an
htdig.conf file in your config dir? Is this from the older version?

> I don't understand why it's looking at "/usr/home/irons/apps/htdig/db",
> when that's the old default DB location, from 3.1.2. I also don't know
> why it needs synonyms.db (and I don't know what word2root.db is), as
> they're not part of my search algorithm and never have been.

I would guess it's finding the htdig.conf from 3.1.2, which probably sets
the default DB location? In any case, the config file its using has the
search_algorithm set to include synonyms and endings and so it is looking
for the appropriate databases (which you mention).

In any case, it's not picking up the config file you expect. I'd take a
look at the CONFIG file and make sure the variable DEFAULT_CONFIG_FILE is
set as you expect. Then I'd try passing a -c flag along to htsearch when
you try it from the command line and see if that changes things.