Re: [htdig] new to htdig

Subject: Re: [htdig] new to htdig
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 11:03:58 PST

At 11:21 AM -0500 3/20/00, Root wrote:
>sure how to deal with the commands, such as htdig, htmerge, rundig, etc.
>When should I use them and how? For example, do I need to run all of
>them sequentially to create/update db or just use rundig?

The rundig script is a sample shell script that performs the
necessary commands to create a database. In particular, it calls
htdig and then htmerge and then if necessary, calls htfuzzy to create
the synonym and endings databases.

You can continue to use rundig to update your databases or edit it to
your heart's content. Or you can take a look at some of the
rundig-like scripts others have contributed
<http://www.htdig.org/files/contrib/scripts/>

(I hope this answers your question.)

Cheers,