Re: [htdig] Htdig/Htmerge -- When pre-existing databases are involved.

Subject: Re: [htdig] Htdig/Htmerge -- When pre-existing databases are involved.
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 08:12:08 PST

At 10:59 AM -0500 3/20/00, Sphboc@aol.com wrote:
>I run A and B above, without the -i option, and the pre-existing files
>already have documents from domain(i).

It will go through the pre-existing URLs and check them for
existence. If they have changed, they will be reindexed and new URLs
will be added. If they have not changed, they'll be ignored. If they
are missing (and remove_bad_urls is set), they'll be purged.

>I run C above, and both sets of files have documents from domain(i).

If you update a merged database (e.g. with domain(i) and domain(j)),
all URLs will be checked as above. If you merge in a changed
database, duplicate documents will be merged (picking the most
recent).

Does this make sense?