Re: [htdig] auto - indexing

Subject: Re: [htdig] auto - indexing
From: Geoff Hutchison (
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 07:27:28 PST

At 10:11 AM -0500 3/20/00, Alan Stewart wrote:
>I installed htdig on my website and I can't find a way to have it reindex
>my site automatically. I have seen some messages refering to specific lines
>of code which program the action at a given time of day, but I don't know
>what program does it. Apprently htdig does not install it by default... I

You'll need to add a crontab job to do this. If you haven't heard of
cron, I suggest you either read up on it ("man cron" and "man
crontab") or talk to someone with a bit more UNIX experience. You'll
probably want to edit the sample rundig script a bit if you want to
use this as an automatic script.

(Or see the script at
<> for the script I use
under cron.)

Your crontab line will probably look something like this:
0 4 * * * /opt/htdig/bin/