Re: [htdig] Boolean error combining "keywords" with "words"

Subject: Re: [htdig] Boolean error combining "keywords" with "words"
From: C.W.J. Beenakker (beenakkr@lorentz.leidenuniv.nl)
Date: Fri Mar 17 2000 - 14:04:36 PST

Thank you, Gilles, for your rapid response. I tried the patch
of htsearch but it doesn't seem to work. Instead of a Boolean
error the search now dies with an error "Premature end of script headers".
Anyway, I've worked around the problem by adding the word "anything" as
a htdig-keyword to all the publications in my database, so that I can
use a Boolean "AND" without restricting the search. As an added benefit,
I can now fake a unary "NOT" by entering "anything NOT keyword".
(See http://www.lorentz.leidenuniv.nl/beenakker )

I would like to take this opportunity to tell you how much I've enjoyed
implementing this database with ht://dig . It's a wonderful tool.

Carlo