Re: [htdig] databases (3.1.5)

Subject: Re: [htdig] databases (3.1.5)
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 17 2000 - 10:28:39 PST

On Fri, 17 Mar 2000, Gilles Detillieux wrote:

> I don't think there's much documentation on the specific format of the
> databases, other than the source code. I don't think the date on which
> a document was last indexed is stored, but the last modified date is

Actually it is, in the DocAccessed field. I don't know if it's externally
accessible (like through result templates or whatnot), it's recorded. It's
one way for the indexer to know if a document record hasactually been
retrieved or if it's just a stub to be filled in.

> It would probably be pretty easy to build a simple docdb dumping tool
> out of htnotify, which does a simple traversal through the database.

You can get most of the document DB dumped by using the -t option. No,
there isn't a set page documenting the output (though I think I've gone
through it a few times in the mailing list).

Since I have just finished with finals, I hope to get my hands on some of
these simple tools for 3.2.