[htdig] Boolean error combining "keywords" with "words"

Subject: [htdig] Boolean error combining "keywords" with "words"
From: C.W.J. Beenakker (beenakkr@lorentz.leidenuniv.nl)
Date: Fri Mar 17 2000 - 00:57:30 PST

PROBLEM:

  combining a non-empty "keywords" field with an empty "words" field results
  in a Boolean error from htsearch; is there any way around this?

BACKGROUND:

  the database contains a listing of publications, and I'm using the
  "keywords" field to select special topics and the "words" field to
  narrow the search to specific authors or words in the title; I would
  like to make it possible to retrieve all papers on a given topic by
  just leaving the "words" field empty, but that doesn't seem to work...

thank you for your attention,

Carlo Beenakker