Re: [htdig] Htdig 3.1.5 -- Infinite Loop Possible?

Subject: Re: [htdig] Htdig 3.1.5 -- Infinite Loop Possible?
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Thu Mar 16 2000 - 17:05:30 PST

Among other things, bad syntax for a link can cause such apparent looping.
When I encountered it, it was because a user had done something like...

<A HREF="/some_dir/index.html/">blah blah</A> The trailing slash really
made a mess of things. I think symbolic links can get you into the same
kind of trouble.

Jim

Sphboc@aol.com's bits of Wed, 15 Mar 2000 translated to: