Re: [htdig] indexing full text documents

Subject: Re: [htdig] indexing full text documents
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 15:24:49 PST

At 5:37 PM -0500 3/15/00, Brian Hancock wrote:
>I have some full texts documents marked up in html and xhtml which I'd
>like to index so that users can do text pattern and boolean searches on
>the full text. I've installed htdig with the RH Linux rpm and fiddled
>around with the htdig.conf file but can't get it to index the full text of

I'm a bit confused. Why do you say it hasn't indexed the full text of
the files? It will read in up to max_doc_size of the documents, then
store the excerpts of up to max_head_length in the database. It will
index every word it sees.

Granted, I don't think we've tried the 3.1.5 HTML parser on XHTML,
but I can't think of a problem.