Re: [htdig] Is there anyone can tell me how to test..

Subject: Re: [htdig] Is there anyone can tell me how to test..
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 09:35:13 PST

According to Gallant Chiu:
> I just installed the htdig1.3.5. but I don't know how
> to test it. I have modified the htdig.conf and create
> the database. And then I create a html form with a
> submit button to call the htdig search but it doesn't work.

That's not very specific. What do you mean by "doesn't work"? Do you get
any error messages, strange results, or do you always get the "No matches
were found" message? There can be any number of reasons why htsearch
would fail, but usually it will give you some sort of feedback to tell
you what the problem is. You may have to look in your web server's
error log for clues as well. Did you look at the FAQ to see if there
was anything similar there to what you've observed? Does htsearch work
when you run it from the command line?