Re: [htdig] Is there anyone can tell me how to test..

Subject: Re: [htdig] Is there anyone can tell me how to test..
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 07:53:24 PST

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Gallant Chiu wrote:

> I just installed the htdig1.3.5. but I don't know how
> to test it. I have modified the htdig.conf and create
> the database. And then I create a html form with a
> submit button to call the
> htdig search but it doesn't work.

Could you elaborate on "it doesn't work?" Does it show an error message?
If so, what's the message?

If the searching is not working, I'd first check to see if you can run
htsearch from the command-line and see if you get an HTML file of results.
If so, the problem lies either in the search form or the server
configuration.