Re: [htdig] Multiple text boxes in search forms

Subject: Re: [htdig] Multiple text boxes in search forms
From: mikeg (mikeg@lw.net)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 14:09:06 PST

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Croom wrote:

> Is it possible to prompt for multiple keywords in a HTML search form,
> i.e. Lease Name, Lease Number, County, etc. & have the input from the
> forms be concatenated together to form a search string which would
> narrow down the search results?

Do an onsubmit javascript call to a function that concatenates the words
together into a hidden form field named 'words'. I don't think there
should be any problem sending htdig extra form fields (from the
dropdown/text fields you named)... if so, just have the javascript remove
the values before submit.

This would, of course, require the client to be running javascript...

I would make sample code, but am preoccupied at the moment.

--
Mike Giles <mikeg@lw.net>	ICQ: 65152812
Systems Administrator		Livewire Incorporated