Re: [htdig] Questions please

Subject: Re: [htdig] Questions please
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 11:22:05 PST

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, SiberSpace International Marketing wrote:

> We need a search engine that we will use on our site for about 30,000
> web sites relating to a certain field.

Let me get this straight. You want to index all the pages of these
30,000 or so websites. People will come to your page and search for them
to get individual pages that are a part of these sites. Do I have that
right, or do you want a catalogue of these 30,000 sites along the lines of
Yahoo? In other words, do you want full-text searching (which is what
ht://Dig provides)?

> Can the software also work with Hebrew and Hebrew web sites?

I haven't tried it myself, but if there's an 8-bit encoding for Hebrew and
a valid locale, it might work. Others may know from experience.