Re: [htdig] WebHost htdig PDF $

Subject: Re: [htdig] WebHost htdig PDF $
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 11:09:44 PST

> [Aside: any Mindspring customers out there who successfully got the htdig
> PDF indexing to work? My suspicion is that 3.0.8b2 is too early to provide
> the external parser function. For sure it's too early for acroread.]

If you take a look at the release notes
<http://www.htdig.org/RELEASE.html> you'll see that external parser
support was added with version 3.0.7.

IMHO, if MindSpring has *still* not upgraded from 3.0.8b2, then all
MindSpring users should leave to another ISP. A list is available at
<http://www.htdig.org/ISP.html> (if there are any errors, please let me
know). Why should you jump ship? Beyond the recent security hole, which
will let users read your files (even MindSpring's files), there are
numerous bugs fixed between 3.0.8b2 and 3.1.5. Database corruption
problems and bugs in the URL-matching code spring to mind.