Re: [htdig] Acquire pdftotext and pdfinfo

Subject: Re: [htdig] Acquire pdftotext and pdfinfo
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 16:31:51 PST

At 10:42 AM +1030 3/14/00, David Robley wrote:
>Erm, if your laptop is a Mac then you need someone who is familiar with
>Mac software to tell you how to extract. Stuffit expander, I think is
>only for files that have been compressed with Stuffit.

Well, the freeware version is, but if you have DropStuff or the
commercial StuffIt products, these will uncompress just about
everything, including .gz, .tar, .bz2... The problem, of course, is
that between platforms, you must make sure file transfers occur via
binary mode.

But if you don't know what's in the tar, you should probably e-mail
the person who's distributing it.