Re: [htdig] Acquire pdftotext and pdfinfo

Subject: Re: [htdig] Acquire pdftotext and pdfinfo
From: David Robley (
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 16:12:33 PST

On 13 Mar, Sean Downing wrote:
> It's worse than you think. Since I don't have shell access, I used StuffIt
> Expander on my laptop PC. So, all I get is this 6.1MB file on my hard
> drive. Recall I have no shell access to my intended target for the
> pdftotext and pdfinfo...All I get to do is ftp up and down to Mindspring.

Winzip should be capable of extracting from gzipped tar files (.tar.gz).

Erm, if your laptop is a Mac then you need someone who is familiar with
Mac software to tell you how to extract. Stuffit expander, I think is
only for files that have been compressed with Stuffit.

David Robley                        | WEBMASTER & Mail List Admin
AusEinet                            |
            Flinders University, ADELAIDE, SOUTH AUSTRALIA