Re: [htdig] Newbie Questions.

Subject: Re: [htdig] Newbie Questions.
From: Sphboc@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 11:01:24 PST

In a message dated 3/13/00 3:43:35 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
MSQL_User@st.hhs.nl writes:

<<
 Hi,

 Sphboc@aol.com wrote:

> I just recently got 3.1.5 installed; appears to be operating properly.
> Couple of issues, however, related to what I'm trying to accomplish with
it.

> A. Is there any way of intercepting (and "filtering") the output of
htsearch
> -- after this is generated and just prior to its being actually returned to
> the requestor?

 You'll have to write a wrapper (e.g. in Perl or PHP). Then you could
 parse the
 output. If you set up a simple template that just returns the things you
 want to know separated by, say, a |, and omit the header and footer,
 then you
 can write a really simple parser. Your parse script can do the markup
 later on.

Thanks.
The "wrapper script" appears to be working, EXCEPT that I haven't found the
syntax to communicate more than one argument to htsearch. (ie, what do I
have to say on command line, in place of:
    htsearch.cgi?words=lamps&format=builtin-short

In a url, the "&" separates arguments; what's the comparable syntax on the
unix command line?

If there's an FAQ where this kind of thing is answered, please advise where .
.

Steven P Haver/602-242-9708