Re: [htdig] Newbie Questions.

Subject: Re: [htdig] Newbie Questions.
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 11:01:24 PST

In a message dated 3/13/00 3:43:35 AM US Mountain Standard Time, writes:

 Hi, wrote:
> I just recently got 3.1.5 installed; appears to be operating properly.
> Couple of issues, however, related to what I'm trying to accomplish with
> A. Is there any way of intercepting (and "filtering") the output of
> -- after this is generated and just prior to its being actually returned to
> the requestor?
 You'll have to write a wrapper (e.g. in Perl or PHP). Then you could
 parse the
 output. If you set up a simple template that just returns the things you
 want to know separated by, say, a |, and omit the header and footer,
 then you
 can write a really simple parser. Your parse script can do the markup
 later on.

The "wrapper script" appears to be working, EXCEPT that I haven't found the
syntax to communicate more than one argument to htsearch. (ie, what do I
have to say on command line, in place of:

In a url, the "&" separates arguments; what's the comparable syntax on the
unix command line?

If there's an FAQ where this kind of thing is answered, please advise where .

Steven P Haver/602-242-9708