Re: [htdig] htdig seg. fault (core dumped) on cobalt raq

Subject: Re: [htdig] htdig seg. fault (core dumped) on cobalt raq
From: Bill Carlson (
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 06:43:55 PST

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, Gilles Detillieux wrote:

> According to atta dubson:
> > could anyone send me a precompiled binary of the program htdig for a
> > cobalt raq server (linux version 2.0.34C52_SK on mips), or maybe any
> > linux-mips binary? i have read the new faq, but i am not able to upgrade
> > the server i need it on.
> >
> > i just need that one program which core-dumps, not the whole collection.
> If you can't past the htdig stage, are you really sure that htmerge,
> htfuzzy and htsearch won't dump core as well? If anyone out there is
> running MIPS Linux, and has rpm installed, it would be great if they
> grabbed a copy of
> and rebuilt it (rpm --rebuild htdig-3.1.5-0.src.rpm), and sent us the
> binary RPM for others to use. If I'm not mistaken, Cobalt servers do
> support rpm.

Unfortunately, the different cobalt products tend to have different
versions of libraries installed, pre-compiling the RPM doesn't help.

For a starter on the raq, upgrade to the latest glibc and ldconfig, these
verisions from Cobalt's site got me up and running:

I believe the fix in ldconfig is what stops the core dump from htdig.

Bill Carlson
Systems Programmer | Opinions are mine,
Virtual Hospital | not my employer's.
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics |