Re: [htdig] Newbie Questions.

Subject: Re: [htdig] Newbie Questions.
From: J. op den Brouw (MSQL_User@st.hhs.nl)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 02:40:50 PST

Hi,

Sphboc@aol.com wrote:

> I just recently got 3.1.5 installed; appears to be operating properly.
> Couple of issues, however, related to what I'm trying to accomplish with it.
>
> A. Is there any way of intercepting (and "filtering") the output of htsearch
> -- after this is generated and just prior to its being actually returned to
> the requestor?

You'll have to write a wrapper (e.g. in Perl or PHP). Then you could
parse the
output. If you set up a simple template that just returns the things you
want to know separated by, say, a |, and omit the header and footer,
then you
can write a really simple parser. Your parse script can do the markup
later on.

> B. If htsearch, and the process which invokes it, are on the SAME machine,
> are the returned results still sent back over the internet? (An Apache
> server is involved).

Of course, it is sent back to your browser who started it all......

--
--jesse