Re: [htdig] Newbie Questions.

Subject: Re: [htdig] Newbie Questions.
From: J. op den Brouw (
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 02:40:50 PST

Hi, wrote:
> I just recently got 3.1.5 installed; appears to be operating properly.
> Couple of issues, however, related to what I'm trying to accomplish with it.
> A. Is there any way of intercepting (and "filtering") the output of htsearch
> -- after this is generated and just prior to its being actually returned to
> the requestor?

You'll have to write a wrapper (e.g. in Perl or PHP). Then you could
parse the
output. If you set up a simple template that just returns the things you
want to know separated by, say, a |, and omit the header and footer,
then you
can write a really simple parser. Your parse script can do the markup
later on.

> B. If htsearch, and the process which invokes it, are on the SAME machine,
> are the returned results still sent back over the internet? (An Apache
> server is involved).

Of course, it is sent back to your browser who started it all......

J. op den brouw                             Johanna Westerdijkplein 75
Haagse Hogeschool                                    2521 EN  DEN HAAG
Faculty of Engineering                                 The Netherlands
Electrical Engineering                                  +31-70-4458936
           Linux - because reboots are for hardware changes