RE: [htdig] parsing PDF with NT

Subject: RE: [htdig] parsing PDF with NT
From: Stéphane Baudet (sbaudet@araxe.fr)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 23:57:38 PST

Well, to compile it, I just did it from the cygwin bash shell the classic
unix way, I mean : "sh configure" to use autoconf, and then "make". I didn't
use "make install", but i copied the binaries and the htdig.conf file at the
place where they should be. I compiled it on a Pentium pro 200 server with
NT server 4.0. You must first install cygwin B20.1 that you can find on
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/ . Actually, only the cygwin1.dll may be
necessary.
I zipped my files and I also put my own htdig.conf that other users may
modify to put their own path for the external parser. In my search, I found
a slightly modified parse_doc.pl dubbed as 01-parse_doc.pl, which works well
with NT and xPDF 9.0. I also put pdfinfo.exe and pdftotext.exe from xPDF
9.0. I put my binaries in c:\opt\www\cgi-bin and c:\opt\www.htdig\bin .The
zip file contains c:\opt\www\cgi-bin and c:\opt\www\htdig . NT users should
change the database path in htdig.conf. I put it on c:\opt\www\htdig\db, but
with cygwin syntax, if the DB must be, for instance, on d:\www\mydb, just
change the database dir line in htdig.conf with the following path :
d:/www/mydb or //d/www/mydb .
I think that's all, but how can I upload my zip file on
ftp://ftp.htdig.org/contrib ?

Stephane Baudet.