Re: [htdig] Is there a patch available to "Document.cc" (3.0.8b2, htdig module) to fix leap year problem??

Subject: Re: [htdig] Is there a patch available to "Document.cc" (3.0.8b2, htdig module) to fix leap year problem??
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 17:37:10 PST

On Mon, 6 Mar 2000, William J. Fletcher wrote:

> Knowing that we need to upgrade, (we are eventually) can someone help
> me out with the fix for Document.cc to deal with the leap year problem?

No offense, but I wouldn't make it "eventual." If you look at the release
notes, you'll see that the upgrade will fix several document database
corruption bugs, a long list of other bugs, and of course a few security
fixes (not the least of which allows a remote user to view files).

Upgrade sooner, not later. I can't stress that too much.

> I'd prefer getting a fix from the dev team as opposed to cooking my
> own.

I'm having a hard time remembering the code as of 3.0.8b2. If memory
serves, getdate() calls timegm() if it's available on the system, but
often uses htlib/timegm.cc. This has the Y2K problem, though I don't
remember where--I think it doesn't taken the century rule into effect.

Since fixing the bug once it's in the database requires reindexing, you'll
be just as safe reindexing with the new version...