Re: [htdig] problems with search_algorithm (was Re: problems

Subject: Re: [htdig] problems with search_algorithm (was Re: problems
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 14:24:25 PST

According to Robert Marchand:
> Does it also correct the problem of not hilighting the second word (like
> in "père mère") or was it another bug?
>
> Someone here reported this problem to me and after applying your patch,
> all seems well!

Well, if the first word was an exact match, and the second word was a
fuzzy match, then this would likely be the same problem. If not, then
it's a different problem, but I can see no reason why htsearch would not
highlight the second or subsequent exact matches if they appear in the
excerpt. If the second word appears much further in the document, then
that's another story, because htsearch only shows one excerpt per document,
and it's usually pretty small, depending on the value of excerpt_length.