[htdig] Help for newbie with Config Files

Subject: [htdig] Help for newbie with Config Files
From: Phill Novess (philln@biggs-gilmore.com)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 13:31:29 PST

Hello. I'm new to htdig and I'm working on a site that uses htdig. We need
to create some templates for this site and want to replace the htdig
templates. However the htdig stuff is already setup. And this site already
uses htdig for another area of there site in which nothing should be
changed.

So what I have done is created a new config file which I reference in the
search form I'm using.

I use <input type=hidden name=config value=university>
      <input type=hidden name=format value=university>

To reference my new config file.

In the config file I have set the search_results_wrapper attribute to this:

search_results_wrapper: ${common_dir}/unwrapper.html \

However, I still get the header and footer. Doesn't this override the
defaults? Could those have been preset when the person comppiled it?

I was going to try:
search_results_header: ${common_dir}/unheader.html
search_results_footer: ${common_dir}/unfooter.html

To reset the header and footer to new templates.
Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks,
Phill Novess
Biggs-Gilmore Communications