Re: [htdig] parsing PDF with NT

Subject: Re: [htdig] parsing PDF with NT
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 11:50:27 PST

According to Stéphane Baudet:
> Yess it works now !! I just added "wb" as the second argument, then
> recompiled htdig. And now it works perfectly ! HtDig retrieves the correct
> size for temporary files and all works well in the best world !
> To parse the PDF files, I used conv_doc.pl with the following line in
> htdig.conf :
>
> external_parsers: application/pdf->text/html "d:/perl/bin/perl.exe
> /opt/www/htdig/bin/conv_doc.pl"

Hi, Stéphane. Glad that worked. To build htdig under Cygwin, did
you need to make any other changes than that one fopen() call? If so,
could you send patches, for the record.

Also, if your binaries were built for a fairly generic configuration,
I think it would be great to put them up on the ftp/web site for others
to use. Would you be willing to package them up to distribute to others?