Re: [htdig] Indexes.

Subject: Re: [htdig] Indexes.
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 10:13:17 PST

On Mon, 6 Mar 2000, Robert Seymour wrote:

> We have a need to produce dynamically generated link pages based on urls
> indexed at major sites here at the Lab.
> Then dynamically through Perl, obtain desired links from this index.
> We currently manually genetate an alphabetical list of our various sites, then
> manually point our pages at this list.

Sure. Depending on your need, you can either use create_url_list (which
will include invalid URLs) or add -t to the command line and use the
doc_list attribute to give an ASCII version of the document DB.

I usually go the second route and parse the output--the records are one to
a line with tabs between fields. The URLs are the second field, and the
titles are the third field.