Re: [htdig] Another PATH question.

Subject: Re: [htdig] Another PATH question.
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 10:07:36 PST

On Mon, 6 Mar 2000, Douglas S. Davis wrote:

> So what you are saying is that I don't have to have the images in a
> location addressable by the search.html form?? That causes a BUNCH of

The images hae to be accessible, but you don't need to use the images that
come with ht://Dig. By default, image_url_prefix is set to /htdig, so
you'd need them in a directory by that name in your DocumentRoot.

> nasty errors. Actually, the headers and footers won't even show up
> right now and I was wondering if that had anything to do with the
> location of the "common" folder. Hey, has anyone else tried the

If you've changed the location of the common directory from the default
compiled in, you'll need to set it:
<http://www.htdig.org/attrs.html#common_dir>

But you'll probably have lots of problems if it can't find this directory.

> not updating, well, I remove completely all directories before
> RE-compiling from SCRATCH. This way, I don't need to hand copy any
> files to other locations.

That's probably a bit much, but yes, you should be safe this way.