Re: [htdig] paths

Subject: Re: [htdig] paths
From: ATLE VEKA (ACVEKA@coe.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 07:09:39 PST

Glenn,

It sounds like you just copied and moved the compiled over to the new server, am I right?
I am pretty sure you need to recompile it. Also, it's at compile time that you specify all the directories in the CONFIG file (generated by ./configure, I believe).
Since you may not know if the architecture/system of this new server, I strongly suggest you recompile it on the new server.
But, I may be wrong.

-
    Atle

>>> "Glenn J. Rowe" <glenn.rowe@OttawaComputer.Com> 03/06/00 09:02AM >>>
Ok - Here I go again... I'm going to show my ignorance one more time.

Someone else originally installed htdig but now I have to move it to a
new server. The paths on the new server are a little different.
My path used to be /home/ottawacomputer/htdig and now it is
/home/occ/htdig
I have specified the new path in the htdig.conf file but there must be
more places because when I try and search it says it can't find the
htdig.conf file.

Also since in the htdig.conf I have the start_url set to be
`${common_dir}/sites.txt` it is unable to find the list of start pages
to index. It doesn't know where ${common_dir} is.