Re: [htdig] Mac OS X and locale

Subject: Re: [htdig] Mac OS X and locale
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 11:23:01 PST

On Fri, 3 Mar 2000, Volker Riebartsch wrote:

> thats the problem: There is a locale for almost every language you can
> imagine. tje only files that are supplied are called LC_Messages thats it.
> I dont know if my C libraries correctly support locales plus i have no
> idea where to get the source files.

The biggest problem is that I don't know the format of the files. I could
easily send you mine from LinuxPPC if they're compatible across different
C libraries, or someone can probably give them to you from FreeBSD (but
if they're binary, then there could be endian issues).

> Thank you for your help, I am working on that problem for some time,
> Apple is absolutely no help.

Funny. I went to the Darwin mailing list archives (and saw your message
from Nov.) and Apple's search engine for the archives is ht://Dig. So
you'd think they'd care. ;-)

I'll poke around the Darwin code and check up on the varius Darwin/Linux
projects to see if they have any locale files. If not, I'll try sending
the LinuxPPC locale files, though I'm a bit hesitant since they might not
be compatible.