Re: [htdig] Mac OS X and locale

Subject: Re: [htdig] Mac OS X and locale
From: Volker Riebartsch (volker.ri@macup.com)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 10:40:56 PST

Hi Gilles,
thanks for the answer

>The key file you need is LC_CTYPE, which tells the isalpha() and other
>ctype functions what characters are letters, etc. As you're using de_DE
>as the locale, the directory to check is /usr/share/locale/de_DE. If the
>LC_CTYPE file and all the rest are not there, do you have any other locale
>directories that do have these files? (preferably a western European or
>North American locale, to use the ISO-8859-1 character set) If you can
>find a working locale, give it a try. If you can't, you'll need to get
>the locale source files and try to build a working locale on your system,
>which may work as long as your C library correctly supports locales. Some
>systems are just hopelessly broken though.

thats the problem: There is a locale for almost every language you can
imagine. tje only files that are supplied are called LC_Messages thats it.
I dont know if my C libraries correctly support locales plus i have no
idea where to get the source files.
Thank you for your help, I am working on that problem for some time,
Apple is absolutely no help.

take care

volker

Volker Riebartsch / Executive Editor