Re: [htdig] serious htdig 3.1.5 problems

Subject: Re: [htdig] serious htdig 3.1.5 problems
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 17:39:10 PST

At 1:44 PM -0700 3/2/00, Tim Rightnour wrote:
>But I have no idea how you could be segfualting just because a malloc failed..
>unless you just missed a check somewhere.. ;) I suppose it is possible I ran
>out of ram for this user process.. I'll have to look at that possibility.. In
>the meantime I'm running it again, to see if I can get the db problem to show
>up again.

It shouldn't be segfaulting, but I've also noticed that things behave
a bit differently under gdb as far as memory allocation.

>Sigh.. now it just cores out all the time..

This is obviously a bit tricky. If you don't run it under gdb, do you
get the coredump? (It may help if you decide to just test on a subset
of your pages.)

(We should probably take this off-list for now.)