[htdig] Compiling in templates to save CPU

Subject: [htdig] Compiling in templates to save CPU
From: mikeg (mikeg@lw.net)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 15:16:57 PST

I was wondering if anyone knows how I can compile the header and footer
into htsearch so there doesn't have to be file opens and closes.

I have found the spot for the repeater in htsearch/TemplateList.cc where I
can replace the html for builtin-long. That gets rid of 1/3 of the file
operations. I want to get rid of the rest.

The site is currently receiving around 8 htsearch operations per second at
peak time (1pm - 10pm EST) and I need to conserve as much system load as
possible.

Any other resource-saving recommendations would be useful also.

Thanks in advance.

--
Mike Giles <mikeg@lw.net>	UT:ngUID - 325097
Systems Administrator		Livewire Incorporated