Re: [htdig] problems with the "accent" patch

Subject: Re: [htdig] problems with the "accent" patch
From: Robert Marchand (robert.marchand@UMontreal.CA)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 13:31:38 PST

At 22:12 00-03-02 +0100, Eric van der Vlist wrote:
>I have applied this patch as well and noticed that it's working for most
>of the words, but not for others...
>Looking at the output of "htfuzzy -vv accents", I have noticed that all
>the words are truncated to 12 characters and that the words which are
>truncated are those for which there is a problem.
>For instance searching for "enchere" (not truncated) will return the
>matching for the correctly spelled word (with è) while searching
>for "specification" truncated to "specificatio" will not match
>specification with a é.
>If I search for "specificatio", I do get the matching for the
>accentuated word...

Yes, I check myself with "préférablement" and the accents algorithm
doesn't work in that case.

This was something I was thinking to verify. The default is 12 caracters.
Here, we were to take it to 18 or 24, so it was less a priority for me.
I will add a correction to have accents keys in sync with the
maximum_word_length parameter.

>I am trying to find where this truncation happens, but if anyone more
>familiar with the code can shed some light, it would help !

Robert Marchand tél: 343-6111 poste 5210
DiTER-SDI e-mail:
Université de Montréal Montréal, Canada