Re: [htdig] problems with the "accent" patch

Subject: Re: [htdig] problems with the "accent" patch
From: Robert Marchand (robert.marchand@UMontreal.CA)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 10:51:00 PST

Hi,

   sorry for the extra work. Next time I will put my patches in a
suitable format.

At 11:48 00-03-02 -0600, Gilles Detillieux wrote:
>According to Eric.Doutreleau@int-evry.fr:
>> I m quite interested in the accent patch By Robert Marchand.
>>
>> But i have problem to apply the patch to the 3.1.5 tree.
>>
>> I had to apply it by hand. I reindex my base and add the accents
>> clause in the fuzzy line in the htdig.conf.
>
>Robert didn't use diff -c or diff -u to make the patch, and didn't
>include the paths to the files, so it doesn't readily apply on its
>own, leaving you little choice but to apply it by hand.
>
>> When i search my database i got far less answer than without the accent
>> patch.

It is strange indeed because it should work as before. One thing would
be to try without including the accents clause. The other thing is that
this fuzzy algorithm need to regenerate its database after each reindexing.

Did you run "htfuzzy accents" after hmerge?
You can also run "htfuzzy -vv accents" to see the actual mappings.

Also if you use "rundig" it would not be included in it.

>Strange. I could see how it would have no effect, if it wasn't working,
>but I don't know why you'd get fewer results. Perhaps you broke something
>in the code when applying the changes, or you accidentally disabled some
>of the other fuzzy algorithms in your search_algorithms attribute.
>
>> I guess that the patch should have worked at least for one person :)

I can assure you it work here :-)!
I'll be glad to help to make it work for others too.

>> My question is this one
>> how do you apply the patch?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any help

-------
Robert Marchand tél: 343-6111 poste 5210
DiTER-SDI e-mail: marchanr@diter.umontreal.ca
Université de Montréal Montréal, Canada