Re: [htdig] htSearch is doing Weird STUFF.

Subject: Re: [htdig] htSearch is doing Weird STUFF.
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 09:05:25 PST

> My biggest problem is the htsearch program ALWAYS reverting back to
> it's own default config file located at:
> /opt/www/htdig/conf/htdig.conf
>
> It doesn't matter a hill of beans what you put into the CONFIG file,

OK, htsearch always uses the config file specified in the "config" field
in the search form, with the default path set at compile time from the
CONFIG file.

Simply changing the directory in CONFIG won't do anything if you don't
recompile.

> Then, when you finally do get it to run, the stupid html page has all
> the attribute names, i.e:
> (Logical_Words), (Words), etc, instead of putting in the correct

See <http://www.htdig.org/hts_templates.html>

It sounds like you've edited the templates, but have not inserted the
variables correctly. They must be in all-caps and in the form mentioned on
the page.