Re: [htdig] PDF Parser

Subject: Re: [htdig] PDF Parser
From: Gilles Detillieux (
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 08:50:06 PST

According to Douglas S. Davis:
> I am in need of a PDF Parser for Redhat/Linux. If anyone knows where
> I can download one from, please post the URL?

With htdig 3.1.5, you can use the contrib/ Perl script that
comes with the htdig distribution. It uses pdftotext, which is part of
the xpdf package. Red Hat Linux 6.1 includes xpdf in its distribution,
but it would probably also run on 6.0. You should be able to grab it
from your favorite mirror site, or grab it from Manitoba's mirror site:

For Red Hat 5.x, you'd need an RPM built for glibc 2.0, rather than 2.1,
but you can get that from my site:

or use this for Red Hat 4.2:

Spinal Cord Research Centre       WWW: