Re: [htdig] 2 questions:   and bad_words

Subject: Re: [htdig] 2 questions:   and bad_words
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 01 2000 - 06:16:54 PST

At 12:07 PM +0100 3/1/00, Peter Kruijt wrote:
>initials are on one line and the last name on the next, I put   's
>in between. ht://Dig does not interpret these as spaces. Is there a way
>to make ht://Dig interpres hard spaxes as ordinary spaces?

Yes, it won't treat these as spaces because they're not really
spaces. But, of course, they are white-space! To make the change you
want, edit htdig/SGMLEntities.cc and change the nbsp line to have a
space on the right-hand side. The downside is that since this
involves how the indexer creates the database, you'll need to reindex
after making the change.

>In other words, what takes precedence bad_words or htdig-keywords?

I'm afraid you can't really do this. The bad_words has precedent.