Re: [htdig] strange problems with files to be parsed externally

Subject: Re: [htdig] strange problems with files to be parsed externally
From: Gergely Madarasz (
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 10:18:41 PST

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, Geoff Hutchison wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, Gergely Madarasz wrote:
> > Yeah, I already realized that this is the cause... so I'll comment out the
> > default external_parsers line in the htdig .deb package... then if one
> > wants to index pdf files, one should both uncomment this and raise the
> > max_doc_size value...
> Yes, when I was checking the status of the htdig-3.1.5 package on Debian,
> I saw this report--but I didn't see a way I could reply to the Debian
> report.

You can mail to, where nnnnn is the bug number.
Anyway 3.1.5-1 was installed today into frozen/unstable (stable has a
separate security fix too), and I just uploaded 3.1.5-2 with this fix...

> You may also want to switch from the to the
> script since it should be a bit more flexible.

Yeah, I'll check it in my next upload to unstable only... I didn't want to
make such changes deep in the freeze...

Madarasz Gergely