Re: [htdig] serious htdig 3.1.5 problems

Subject: Re: [htdig] serious htdig 3.1.5 problems
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 10:04:34 PST

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, Tim Rightnour wrote:

> (there are hundreds of these deleted lines)
> Deleted, no excerpt:
> 250503/http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-misc/2000/01/20/0003.html

There are many reasons this can happen. The page can be forbidden by
robots.txt files or noindex tags. Also, if the indexing stops before the
pages are retrieved (e.g. server_max_docs) then these pages will be in the
database but have not been indexed.

> DB2 problem...: /home/nbsdwww/htdig/db/db.docdb: page 99694 doesn't exist,
> create flag not set

These seem to come up periodically. AFAIK, we have not been able to get a
reproducible test case for why they come up. If you can consistently
reproduce this, it would be very helpful. For the bad news, it's a sign
that the database is corrupted. :-(

(There is, of course, no guarantee that there is only one cause for this
sort of message. But since we haven't found *any* causes, even one would
be good!)