Re: [htdig] serious htdig 3.1.5 problems

Subject: Re: [htdig] serious htdig 3.1.5 problems
From: Geoff Hutchison (
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 10:04:34 PST

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, Tim Rightnour wrote:

> (there are hundreds of these deleted lines)
> Deleted, no excerpt:
> 250503/

There are many reasons this can happen. The page can be forbidden by
robots.txt files or noindex tags. Also, if the indexing stops before the
pages are retrieved (e.g. server_max_docs) then these pages will be in the
database but have not been indexed.

> DB2 problem...: /home/nbsdwww/htdig/db/db.docdb: page 99694 doesn't exist,
> create flag not set

These seem to come up periodically. AFAIK, we have not been able to get a
reproducible test case for why they come up. If you can consistently
reproduce this, it would be very helpful. For the bad news, it's a sign
that the database is corrupted. :-(

(There is, of course, no guarantee that there is only one cause for this
sort of message. But since we haven't found *any* causes, even one would
be good!)