Re: [htdig] help with HTsearch

Subject: Re: [htdig] help with HTsearch
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 09:59:27 PST

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, Douglas S. Davis wrote:

> ok, I am new to the list so please be patient. I just need to know
> how to change the default path used by htsearch. It can't find my
> configuration file because I specified a new location. Please respond

Gilles followed up to your PR, but suffice to say the default path to the
config file is set at compilation time. This is done to provide some
masure of chroot()-style security (since the config field can be set by a
remote user).

Usually, the easiest way to reset it is to edit CONFIG_DIR in the CONFIG
file, recompile and then copy the htsearch binary into your directory.