[htdig] serious htdig 3.1.5 problems

Subject: [htdig] serious htdig 3.1.5 problems
From: Tim Rightnour (root@garbled.net)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 09:33:50 PST

I'm not on this list, so please CC me in your replies

I'm running htdig on a very large site.. namely the NetBSD mailing list
archives (http://mail-index.netbsd.org). Unfortunately.. htdig has started
acting up recently.. I noticed just the other day that searches, no matter what
term I was searching for.. would turn up empty.

I looked at the database.. and one of the db files looked way too small (under
30k or so). Normally these db files are in the 600+meg range.

So.. I blew away the db.. and rebuilt it.. now when rebuilding I see this at
the end of my output when running with -v:

(there are hundreds of these deleted lines)
Deleted, no excerpt:
250503/http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-misc/2000/01/20/0003.html
Deleted, no excerpt:
250504/http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-misc/2000/01/21/0000.html
Deleted, no excerpt:
250505/http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-misc/2000/01/21/0001.html

DB2 problem...: /home/nbsdwww/htdig/db/db.docdb: page 99694 doesn't exist,
create flag not set

And the databases are only about 100megs. Something seems seriously wrong
here.. but I'm not sure where to look.

---
Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>