Re: [htdig] From a beginner (I hope this is the mailinglist)

From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 28 2000 - 19:15:11 PST

At 9:30 PM +0100 2/28/00, Moritz Esser wrote:
>I've got a german SuSE Linux 6.3 with the 2.2.13 kernel. I've installed a
>apache web-server (Apache/1.3.9 (Unix) (SuSE/Linux)) and the ht://Dig 3.1.5.

Actually my suggestion would be to use an RPM version of ht://Dig...
I don't know if SuSE has adapted theirs to 3.1.5 yet, but a RedHat
version was prepared by Gilles Detillieux and is available on
<http://www.htdig.org/files/binaries/>

If you just want to move the installation you have now, the first
step is to set image_url_prefix in your htdig.conf to the appropriate
place in your Apache installation, probably still /htdig which would
correspond to /usr/local/apache/htdocs/htdig or something along those
lines. (Your installation may vary.)

Then you'll need to move cgi-bin/htsearch into the appropriate place,
probably /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin as well as search.html and the
image files into the image_url_prefix you set above.