RE: [htdig] website indexer and local file indexer

Subject: RE: [htdig] website indexer and local file indexer
From: David McMahon (djm@mcmahons.com)
Date: Sun Feb 27 2000 - 09:53:04 PST

I remember installing an altavista tool about 4 years
ago that did exactly this. It went through and indexed
my entired disk and allowed me to search on it using
the altavista interface and results template. Pretty
cool!
Of course it was a windows-only tool if i remember
correctly, but are there other tools that do this out
there today? I haven't been able to find one!

I will take a look at the code as well to see how
close htdig is to doing this.

Thanks!
dave