Re: [htdig] Prevent logging to httpd logs file

Subject: Re: [htdig] Prevent logging to httpd logs file
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Sun Feb 27 2000 - 07:13:09 PST

At 7:01 AM -0700 2/27/00, Fates wrote:
>When I use rundig, Apache logs rundigs requests to the Apache log
>files. How can I turn this off?

You'd have to turn it off in your Apache configuration. I believe
you'd want to set something like this:

TransferLog /dev/null

Of course this turns off *all* requests to the server. It's not
possible to selectively turn off requests from a particular host or
browser AFAIK. Of course if you're gathering statistics, you can set
the statistics program to exclude requests from partcular IPs,
browsers, etc.