[htdig] website indexer and local file indexer

Subject: [htdig] website indexer and local file indexer
From: David McMahon (djm@mcmahons.com)
Date: Sat Feb 26 2000 - 22:15:56 PST

Hi,

I'm trying to find a single search engine solution
for a) indexing my multi-domained server into
different databases. It looks like htdig handles
that well. and b) index local directories of my
choosing containing various documents not necessarily
related to the web, but needed for an intranet
by certain people who access the server.

I would like the be able to just specify a
directory and have it recurse through looking
at every valid file type and index it. I don't see
that this is possible with htdig. Is this the case?

thanks,
dave