Re: [htdig] FreeBSD port update to 3.1.5

Subject: Re: [htdig] FreeBSD port update to 3.1.5
From: Geoff Hutchison (ghutchis@wso.williams.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 26 2000 - 17:20:52 PST

First off, thanks for your fast turnaround, I'm sure everyone appreciates it!

At 3:58 PM -0800 2/26/00, Doug Barton wrote:
>nuke an existing conf file. On the other though, users might be
>interested in seeing changes/updates/etc. to the new conf file. My
>change installs htdig.conf.sample instead, and prevents the FreeBSD port
>from deleting the htdig.conf file if you choose to deinstall or
>pkg_delete it.

Yeah, I think this might be a good idea. Maybe it should always
install a copy of the data files (including templates) into something
like .orig and if the actual file doesn't exist, install it again so
people can use it.

BTW, are there any source changes between the main source tree and
the BSD version? Joe Jah has reported coredumps on BSDI because of
incompatibilities between the regex.c that comes with ht://Dig and
the library. Also, since we're in the process of beta-testing 3.2.0,
I'd like to grab any patches out there for potential inclusion into
the tree.