Re: [htdig] [ANNOUNCE] Release of ht://Dig version 3.1.5

Subject: Re: [htdig] [ANNOUNCE] Release of ht://Dig version 3.1.5
From: Fanac Webmaster (fanac@fanac.org)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 15:11:47 PST

On Fri, 25 Feb 2000 16:55:05 -0600 (CST), Gilles Detillieux wrote:

>This is the unfortunate part. In the case of 3.1.5, you probably want to
>install the new templates, search form, and sample htdig.conf, as they make
>use of new features in htsearch, and generate cleaner HTML output. So, you
>may want to remove your installed search.html common/*.html and htdig.conf,
>if you haven't already customized them, before you do the "make install",
>so you can get the new versions of these.

Sounds like I should wipe the htdig directory from the host and start over. As
it turns out, this is no big deal. Because I have to use Telnet and FTP to
communicate with the host I have copies of all files that I have modified on my
PC so I always have backups.

Jack Weaver Fanac Webmaster
The Fanac Fan History Project http://fanac.org
Science Fiction Fandom WebRing http://fanac.org/sffandom