Re: [htdig] [ANNOUNCE] Release of ht://Dig version 3.1.5

Subject: Re: [htdig] [ANNOUNCE] Release of ht://Dig version 3.1.5
From: Gilles Detillieux (grdetil@scrc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 14:55:05 PST

According to Geoff Hutchison:
> On Fri, 25 Feb 2000, Fanac Webmaster wrote:
> > I just finished installing 3.1.4, in fact it is not yet on-line on my site, so
> > I would prefer to not have to go through the whole process all over again to
> > upgrade to 3.1.5 if I don't have to. Unfortunately I'm a newbe to the wondrous
> > world of Linux/Unix and I don't have the foggiest notion as to how to go about
> > utilizing the patch from 3.1.4 mentioned above. Any help will be gratefully
> > accepted.
> The make install usually replaces binaries, but not modified files (like
> config files).

This is the unfortunate part. In the case of 3.1.5, you probably want to
install the new templates, search form, and sample htdig.conf, as they make
use of new features in htsearch, and generate cleaner HTML output. So, you
may want to remove your installed search.html common/*.html and htdig.conf,
if you haven't already customized them, before you do the "make install",
so you can get the new versions of these.