Re: [htdig] [ANNOUNCE] Release of ht://Dig version 3.1.5

Subject: Re: [htdig] [ANNOUNCE] Release of ht://Dig version 3.1.5
From: Fanac Webmaster (fanac@fanac.org)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 12:59:01 PST

On Fri, 25 Feb 2000 13:40:17 -0600, Geoff Hutchison wrote:

>It is *strongly* recommended that you upgrade to 3.1.5 ASAP. Anyone
>upgrading from a 3.1.x stable release will find the process fairly
>painless and to fix the hole, they can simply drop in the new CGI.
>The databases themselves are not affected.

I just finished installing 3.1.4, in fact it is not yet on-line on my site, so
I would prefer to not have to go through the whole process all over again to
upgrade to 3.1.5 if I don't have to. Unfortunately I'm a newbe to the wondrous
world of Linux/Unix and I don't have the foggiest notion as to how to go about
utilizing the patch from 3.1.4 mentioned above. Any help will be gratefully
accepted.

Jack Weaver Fanac Webmaster
The Fanac Fan History Project http://fanac.org
Science Fiction Fandom WebRing http://fanac.org/sffandom